4 ways to maintain a healthy summer glow all year

0 comments


1. Inside/Out
We all know water is the answer to everything. Drinking more water doesn't only keep you hydrated but it helps with weight loss and, you guessed it, gives your skin a natural healthy glow. 

Cutting back on sugary drinks and saying yes to water will do you wonders! But drinking water alone isn't enough for you're body to be happy. Of course, you must eat right. But if you're like me and never know where to begin, it's always good to have a little help and inspiration along the way. For amazing, healthy and tasty recipes head over to Aloha.

Your body will thank you!

2. Bye bye morning coffee?
OK. Don't freak out! We all need our morning caffeine to keep us going all day, especially after a long weekend of partying and sleeping late. But after realising that I am in fact slightly lactose intolerant, it became a bit hard to enjoy my morning cappuccino without suffering the entire day from cramps. 

So I've been starting my day with, what I like to call, lemon tea instead! It's the quickest and simplest thing to do

Step 1: Put the kettle on!
Step 2: Cut a wedge of lemon and place into mug
Step 3: Pour boiling water into said mug, then drink!

This has not only helped my skin, especially with breakouts but it's also cleansed/detoxed me from the inside. I usually drink it first thing in the morning, before I have eaten anything.

Coffee doesn't leave your skin glowing!

3. Glow, like a babies bottom!
So my skin tends to become dry and just... blah! I've substituted my moisturiser for baby oil and OMG is this worth it. 

Applying directly after my morning shower, I've realised my skin has this gorgeous glow all day, it moisturises my skin and makes it unbelievably soft!

The perfect motivation to not skip the post shower moisturiser!

4. Fake it 'till you make it!
If all else fails, just fake it 'till you make it! An amazing highlighter can go a long, long way. 
My favourite to use for a natural glow is Sun Beam by Benefit. I do use this all year round but mostly in summer.

Top tip: If you want to achieve a healthy glow with makeup, don't use anything matte. I prefer to use BB cream in summer and tend to skip the setting power as it does make it too matte!

Post a Comment

© Rouls of Fashion. Design by MangoBlogs.